in Oceanwood, Maine
Unfortunately, due to the impact that COVID-19 has had on us, we're unable to host Retreats in 2021. However, we are hopeful that things could improve in the future. We're asking all who might be interested in attending our Retreats to complete this wait-list form so we may keep you informed of future Retreats.
Your Registration to This All-Inclusive Camp Covers:
– Room and board
– Food (3 Meals a Day) while at retreat prepared by our Personal Oceanwood Chef
(All food is prepared in a Clean, Industrial-Style Kitchen)
– Styling & Footwork classes EVERY DAY directly from the Masacote Team
– Partnering classes EVERY DAY with rotating coaches
– Combined dance and music classes for leaders and followers
– Assistant Masacote coaches there to help throughout the classes
– Scheduled practice and social dance sessions for the group
– UNLIMITED access to the dance studio all day for extra practice on your own
– Nearby beaches & outdoor activities available (weather dependent)
– Access to basketball courts and more around the camp
– Sunday shuttle bus from Boston airport to Oceanwood and back Saturday
– Entrance to Saturday’s finale celebration in Boston
– Saturday room and board in Boston (2 per room; Privates available for added fee)
– All in a BEAUTIFUL location only 1.5 hours outside of Boston!
In addition, attendees receive a Special Masacote Gift Bag for FREE with surprises!
But above all, get an experience like none other you have ever had before…
* Please note flights to Boston are not included.
August Partnering Retreat Schedule
2:00pm - Bus leaves Boston Logan Airport for Retreat
3:00-5:00pm - Check in (No one registered before this time)
5:30-6:30pm - Group Dinner
7:00-9:00pm - Welcome with Masacote Retreat Staff
Monday, August 23 – Friday, August 27
– Weekday Schedule
– Classes EVERY DAY with the Masacote Tribe of Coaches
– Wednesday classes end @ 12:30pm to allow for rest, practice, and outings.
Saturday, August 28
8:00am - Breakfast
10:00am - Check out and Boston road trip
3:00pm - Check-in at Boston hotel
10:00pm-2:00am - Finale Outing to Boston Social.
Sunday, August 29
12:00pm - Check out and departure
Guests are responsible for transportation from hotel to airport Sunday.
Schedule is subject to change.
Why This Retreat is For You
We have dancers of all skill levels and ages who attend. However, all attendees of the retreat must know the basics of Salsa On 2 (timing, cross body lead, inside turn, outside turn).
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
How to Find Us
Oceanwood Retreat Location
17 Royal St.
Ocean Park, ME 04063
Just 1.5 Hours out of Boston
For guests driving in, there is parking on the premises.
Boston to Oceanwood Shuttle Transportation
Please note flights to Boston are not included. For all guests taking flights in, Masacote will arrange bus transportation from Boston Logan Airport (BOS) to Oceanwood and back to the Boston hotel Saturday. Guests are responsible for transportation to airport the final Sunday from Boston hotel. Masacote is not responsible for missed flights, which will require attendee to find his/her own transportation to the retreat location from Boston.
– August 2021 Retreat: Bus will leave airport at exactly 2:00pm on August 22nd and retreat location at exactly 10:00am on August 28th.
August Retreat Details
August Retreat Staff
“Get to know yourself better, believe in yourself and then the working out or rather “playing-out” is not all that difficult to follow. I welcome the opportunity to provide you with some basic, easy to follow overall fitness principles customized just for you. Achieve results that bring you joy”. [Click photo to visit Tanya's website]…
Always striving to improve as a dancer, Mori’s professional dance development led her to train with Masacote Dance Company in 2011 at the Masacote Salsa Retreats. She has since continued her studies and research in Cuba, Puerto Rico, and is now the Co-Director and Co-Choreographer of Masacote’s MASA2 Professional-Track Company. Mori believes that life is a never-ending cycle of lessons and that each day should be lived to better one’s self.
An avid supporter of youth dance programming, G teaches for the Learn Through Dance youth program and has taught Latin dance at Hyde Square Task Force. Before joining Masacote, G was a Latin dance instructor for 3.5 years with Salsa Matei Company. He has taught capoeira at [Click photo for full bio]...
Alongside his musical education, Aaron has also maintained a serious practice of Chinese martial arts having begun his studies at the age of 6. Born and bred in Miami, Aaron was enveloped in Latin-Caribbean culture from day one. His passion for the music eventually brought him to begin formal training in Salsa and Latin dance in 2004, and he joined Masacote Dance Company in 2006.
He coached with The Masacote Dance School since its inception in 2009 until 2016. Aaron combines a lifetime of music and movement training and over a decade of teaching experience with his knowledge of salsa to teach his students not only salsa technique, but also how the music drives us to dance.
Joel was featured in La Voz del Mambo Magazine as “The Future of Mambo”, and in Sabor Magazine; Joel has been a judge and guest of honor at salsa competitions and festivals worldwide. He believes that through dance, we can affect positive change [Click photo for full bio]...
“I am greatly influenced by the many pioneers of embodiment. My ‘Embody to Evolve’ approach and services are my way of moving this school of thought forward, developing it, and showing people just how many ways there are to heal and thrive. Most of all, embodiment is about connectedness, both to ourselves and to each other.”