Director of Dance Company and School Staff
Specialties: Musicality, Salsa, Cha Cha, Cuban Movement, Bachata, Merengue
Joel Massicot, an international ambassador of Latin dance and music, has more than 30 years of experience as a musician, instructor, dancer, and choreographer. He grew up in a musical family in St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, and he began his music training with piano lessons at age 8, later mastering the trumpet, saxophone, and drums. He started dance training at 17.
Joel was featured in La Voz del Mambo Magazine as “The Future of Mambo”, and in Sabor Magazine; Joel has been a judge and guest of honor at salsa competitions and festivals worldwide. He believes that through dance, we can affect positive change in our communities and external environment.
Joel has studied at Howard University and Berklee College of Music, served in the U.S. Army and Marine Corps, and has a wealth of training in martial arts. He co-founded Masacote Entertainment with Ana Masacote in 2003 and has since spread the salsa bug to more than 30 countries across 5 continents. He was a recipient of the 2015 New England Salsa Music Award for lifetime achievement in dance.
– Carnegie Hall
– Lincoln Center’s “La Raza Latina” with Larry Harlow & Ruben Blades
– Lincoln Center’s “Midsummer Night Swing”
– Dancer in feature film “Along Came Polly”
– Berklee Performance Center
– NY Couture Fashion Week
– Hynes Convention Center, Boston’s “First Night”
– National Society of Hispanic MBAs National Conference
– 30+ International Salsa Festival Platforms
– Piano since 1986
– Trumpet since 1987
– Saxophone & Drums since 1991
– Studied Jazz, Reggae, Funk, Salsa, and Latin jazz
Contact us (email@example.com) to book a private lesson with Joel.
Follow Joel's Ultra Balance company at www.ultrabalanceyourlife.com